Introduction of National Centre for the Arts
NCA was established on 29th December 2005. NCA is dedicated to the mission of encouraging and supporting the arts in Maldives by providing financial support, services, and other programs for a variety of arts organizations or individual artists and the community as a whole.
- Organise artistic skills development programs for those who do not have opportunity for higher education, job seekers, and to all Maldivians interested in the field.
- Provide technical assistance in the establishment and administration of organisations promoting arts, and assist in international networking among similar organisations.
- Provide opportunity to introduce and perform Maldivian artistic talent within and outside the country.
- Further develop and sustain the skills and capabilities in Maldivian productions and presentations, and organise and hold arts festivals, competitions and fairs to introduce these skills among the public.
- Introduce and organise National Awards and other such recognitions towards artists and their productions in order to value them and their contributions.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to individuals and organisations involved in teaching and promoting Maldivian artistic skills.
- Issue permits for feature films and short films produced in Maldives by Maldivians, foreign films and photo shoots in Maldives, musical performances, and register music groups and maintain their database.
- Research and document various traditional arts and arts related events of Maldives and provide assistance in the dissemination of the information to the general public.
- Collect and maintain Maldivian artistic works and organise art exhibitions of these artistic works.
- Organise art exhibition of Maldivian artists
- Provide information about world famous artists and their works to Maldivian artists.
- Collect and maintain artistic cultural works from Maldives and other countries, especially south Asian region and Islamic countries, exhibit and provide information about these works to general public.
- Organise residency programmes to develop artistic skill of Maldivian artists.
- Organise and commission artistic works
- Organise artistic skill development programmes and exhibitions locally and internationally to promote Maldivian artists.
- Organise seminars and workshops to develop a competent art community in Maldives.
- Assist in networking among Maldivian artists.
- Make artistic field, a field that can provide financial profit to Maldivian artists and other Maldivians.
- Organise the events of National Art Gallery.